Launched in October 2017, Soqqle was started. The platform used a basic purchsed bootstrap template called Twilli Air. We tested on the market and evaluated the opportunity of "projects" that people could perform in the platform for tokens.
Timeline: October - Nov
Iteration 1 of Soqqle consisted of features:
- A "skyscanner" type feature to aggregate freelancer jobs, events, udemy courses based on a keyword which a user keys in at the landing page
- Task Manager for Deep-Dive, a Two Player Task / Hangout
- Auto Project
Timeline: November - December
Learnings: People liked the concept and idea. Good to go to improve the design and obtain more market validation.
Features / Changes:
- New GUIs
- Tokens Management
- End to End Deep Dive - inclusive of a Task Scanner and Roadmap Scanner
Timeline: January - March
Feedback: Concept was good. However the "sky scanner" wasn't a very strong offering. Neither was the task manager. In addition, projects was a two-sided network problem where if there weren't sufficient projects, people wouldn't come to do them. It also needed a high cost of market entry / advertising to get the right people who might be interested in such a feature.
So we looked at improving the gamification feel of the platform. Enterprises were also more and more interested in how gamified learning was our unique selling proposition.
Features / Changes:
- Ditched the skyscanner. Ditched projects
- Improved how the GUI was more gamified looking
- User Profile
- Skill Breakdown
- Gamification Engine
- Included a new Task: Illuminate for a Single Player Version
- Questions and Answers Module
- Character Creation: Houses and Personality
- Cool New Landing Page
- New Swanky Chatbot
Timeline: April - June
I think we got it - The product that oozes energy, excitement and helps people to bond closer together. Our market test seems positive as well, with a bulk of people saying they will sign up right away.
However 30% reverted with a "I don't play games" feedback. The product has to cater with not over-gaming.
- Enterprise Version with Team Setup
- Decode (Multiple Choice Questions)
- New Landing Page Design with New Heroes and Houses Concept
- Heroes Page
- Ditched Progression View
- In Progress: Stories and Dashbaord
Timeline: July - October
Now we got the other side working. Our target initial market were gamers, and we spent a whole load of time in the biggest markets (Seoul, Bangkok) and the results were enormous!
Also with the successful EduTech Asia, users were fascinated by our eco-system of bringing games into the classroom.
- Love the concept of social collaboration made easy for gaming
- A gamified social network - bring it on!
- A collaborative esports eco-system, advertisers, esports teams love it
- To Do: Gamified EduGaming for Quizzes - ability for schools to upload their own content, tiered content with sets.
Subscribe to Soqqle - The Best Educational Game in 2018
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox